While I don’t normally love sweet meat dishes, this chicken & mango stir fry is an exception. Like other stir fry dishes, this one is quick, easy, and only requires one pan to make. It’s packed with flavor and is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. And who doesn’t love any excuse to use a wok?
When picking a mango, be sure to use a ripe one to add as much sweet, tropical flavor possible to add a pleasant brightness to the meal. Packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals it can give welcome support to your immune system. It’s also rich in the digestive enzyme amylase, which can help boost your digestion. This is another reason to make sure the mango is ripe—the amylase is more active the riper the mango is.
Cauliflower rice makes the ideal base for this stir fry. If you can eat grains, organic brown rice also works well. To add even more flavor and nutrition, top with sesame seeds, green onions, or chopped cashews.
This chicken mango stir fry hits all the right notes when it comes to taste and texture. All the ingredients play incredibly well against each other and will have your taste buds falling in love.
Chicken Mango Stir-Fry
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 TBSP buckwheat flour
- 1 medium mango peeled
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small chili pepper deseeded and chopped
- 2 TBSP ginger grated
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
For the sauce
- 3 TBSP rice vinegar
- 3 TBSP water
- 5 TBSP gluten-free tamari
- 2 TBSP honey
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with salt and pepper, and then coat with flour.
- Peel the mango and cut the flesh into strips.
- Cut the deseeded chili pepper lengthwise, then finely chop.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- In a large pan, heat 1 TBSP of coconut oil, and stir-fry the peppers, onions, chili pepper, garlic, and ginger over high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the mango and mix, cooking for another 2 minutes. Then remove everything and set aside.
- Add the second TBSP of oil to the pan and fry the chicken for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Place the mango and vegetables back into the pan. Add the sauce and mix well. Cook on high heat for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Mix occasionally.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice (not included in nutrition info).